Unexpected outcomes abound in the stories featured in this beautiful lineup of shorts. The boundaries between innocent play and dangerous seduction start to blur in “Goodnight”. Smarts are always better than brawn, fun ways to beat bullies in “Snap”. Love creates rivals out of sisters in “Sweetheart”. Follow a magical tale of friendship and loneliness in “Lost and Found”. Two people, both experiencing intense pain and loss, unsuspectingly are headed on a collision course that will change both their lives in “A Perfect Day”. An obsessive mother on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and young Hazel, who is secretly attracted to boys in “Hazel”.
- Friday December 6, 2013 – 6:00PM – Program Length: 101 min (Buy Tickets)
Note: When purchasing tickets online, you will be directed to the SIE Film Center ticketing system. Once on the detail page you can click the appropriate showtimes to purchase tickets. You can also purchase tickets at the box office at the SIE Center prior to the event.
- “Snap” – 7 min, Animated, Belgium
- “Sweetheart” – 15 min, Narrative, United Kingdom
- “A Perfect Day” – 20 min, Narrative, United States
- “Lost and Found” – 25 min, Animated, United Kingdom
- “Hazel” – 8 min, Narrative, Switzerland
- “Goodnight” – 28 min, Narrative, United Kingdom
Panel – The Blue Bench
Focusing on “changing the conversation” away from rape victim blaming and rape culture, topics featured in the film “Goodnight”, join us at the conclusion of Shorts Program #1 for a panel discussion with The Blue Bench staff and other local professionals.
The following films will have a Call2ACTion table available in Henderson’s Lounge before and after the shorts program. To learn more about the organization, please follow the link to the Call2ACTion page.
- “Goodnight” – The Blue Bench